Successful and natural weight loss can only be achieved through a healthy and balanced diet without starving or depriving yourself of the things you love.
The problem with our approach to health problems is that we are forever attempting to find some miraculous cure. The quicker and easier the cure, the better. We forget that mankind has learned over thousands of years, through trial and error, certain truths about the human body and mind that cannot be denied or challenged.
We need to challenge things for the sake of improvement but it is wrong to deny truths that have been tested throughout the ages.
One such truth is that our body and mind are intimately connected. Affect one and you immediately affect the other. This is so apparent with those attempting diets when they are confronted by incredible resistance when attempting to make changes towards a healthier lifestyle.
They have been subjected to weight loss myths that have prevented them from ever achieving really happy and sustained results.
Achieve the weight loss you deserve with these natural weight loss tips!
Hopefully, these natural weight loss tips will get you on your way towards achieving the weight loss you deserve.
Indulge Yourself Occasionally
1. Indulge yourself once in a while with a favorite food like chocolate or fried chicken. If done in moderation, this will leave you feeling less deprived and prevent any unhealthy food binges. It can also be treated initially as a reward for your efforts.
The good news is that after a while, you will find yourself less enthusiastic towards the wrong foods as your taste buds change towards a greater appreciation for foods that are more wholesome. You may not believe it now but it is a biological reality. Besides that, you will be feeling so good, you will wonder why you ever shoved all that fast food into your system!
2. Substitute certain foods for their healthier equivalents. For example, if you enjoy fast food regularly, substitute it with the equivalent meal cooked by yourself at home. This will prevent any nasty ingredients being added and any over-saturation of fats. You will be in full control of what you eat.
Your Daily Goal
Your daily goal should be to gradually introduce more of the good nutrients into your diet.
1. Try to eat more vegetables, whole grains and lean meats like turkey, chicken, and fish. For flavor and aroma, add herbs and spices. Herbal weight loss remedies and spices are grossly under-utilized in the Western World and represent a storehouse of nutritional and medicinal properties. They are also very effective in combating fat, especially if you are on a more natural and healthier diet. Herbs and spices have been used throughout the ages as natural weight loss remedies and treatments.
2. Learn good weight loss eating habits. The most important habit while eating your food is to eat it slowly. Chew each mouthful about 30 times. This sends a signal to your stomach via your saliva which is virtually instructing your stomach of the content that it is sending down. The stomach is also forewarned of the food’s composition and how many acidic or alkaline secretions it needs to produce to process the food efficiently and safely.
For this reason, it takes a few minutes for the brain to register when you are full. If you eat too quickly, by the time the brain determines that you have had enough, you will have sent down much more than was needed. That is why you feel like bursting several minutes after a proper binge. You can also suffer a myriad of minor ailments that can lead to more serious conditions over time. A good example is mild acid reflux which can develop over time into GERD.
Eat slowly to give your saliva and stomach a chance to determine at what stage your body has had enough. You will be less likely to overeat and instead will stop when you’re full.
3. If you need a diet plan, work with a doctor or nutritionist with one that fits your individual needs.
Drink Plenty of Water
Drink plenty of water particularly before every meal. It is known that drinking at least two glasses of water before breakfast, lunch, and dinner helps dieters to lose more weight quicker.
As well as being needed for the normal functioning of the human body, water is also needed for stomach secretions and helps in the removal of any by-products and toxins. It is advisable to cease drinking up to an hour before eating, and 2 hours after a meal, so as not to overburden the stomach while it’s doing its a thing.
A moderate amount of exercise will help burn fat, build muscle and tone your body.
Aerobics exercises your cardiovascular system and is one of the best exercises for maximum weight loss. For those of a more sedentary nature, light aerobic exercise like jogging or brisk walking is both effective and relatively easy to do.
It is strongly suggested that you avoid strength training which can be difficult and dangerous for the uninitiated.
The sensible approach to any natural weight loss treatment is to start off slowly by doing at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, three times a week. As your body adjusts, you can either increase the time, intensity or frequency of the exercise. Alternate between different types of exercise like hiking, running and cycling to keep it interesting so you don’t quit due to boredom.
Keep it Simple
A natural weight loss diet should be what it implies – natural. Make gradual changes instead of diving headlong into a new diet, it can be daunting starting off from scratch. Easing in slowly will make the diet less difficult and stressful. Exercise moderately and regularly, don’t overdo it. Also, get outdoors and into the sunlight for at least 15 minutes a day for many other health benefits. And don’t forget to drink plenty of water which also reduces food cravings.